The ‘D. Leonor’ coin is only legal tender in Portugal and has the following features:
On the obverse:
- At the bottom: the Portuguese coat of arms, the face value, the year and ‘Portugal’;
- In the centre: the Queen’s coat of arms, flanked by two roses;
- Around the edge: the words ‘Imperatriz do Sacro Império Romano-Germânico’ (Holy Roman Empress).
On the reverse:
- A figure inspired by her tomb effigy;
- Date of birth and death ‘1434-1467’;
- The words ‘Leonor de Portugal’.
The issue limit was set at 75,000 coins with normal finish.