"S. Julião: memories of the former church"
Temporary exhibition that took place between 28 February 2013 and 31 May 2013.
In the year that the Church of Nossa Senhora Fátima celebrated 75 years of its inauguration, the Executive Committee for the Commemoration proposed to Banco de Portugal to organize an exhibition that evoked the memory of the former Church of S. Julião through religious artifacts that belonged to it, among documents collection, liturgical implements, sculptures, furniture, vestments and a set of photographs dating from 1930, in total 80 objects.
The relationship between the two Churches is inseparable, as the Church of Nossa Senhora de Fátima was built with the money offered for the Church of S. Julião.
The Church of S. Julião was sold in 1933 by the owner, the Archiconfraria do Santíssimo Sacramento, erected in that Church, to Banco de Portugal to install various services. With the money thus obtained, the Arquiconfraria acquired the land where the Church of Nossa Senhora de Fátima would be built, in Avenidas Novas, in Lisbon; for this reason, a significant part of the estate was transferred to the new parish, where it remains until today.
Temporary exhibition that took place between 28 February 2013 and 31 May 2013, as part of the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Church of Nossa Senhora de Fátima.
At the time, the Money Museum and the Interpretation Center of King Dinis' Wall had not yet opened to the public, only the nave of the former church was open to visits.
More information to email@example.com or +351 213 213 240